Job Opening: Executive Director, Center for Mindful Living
The Center for Mindful Living is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower individuals to reduce their stress and increase their well-being. The Center strives to achieve this goal by educating the community about the health benefits of mindfulness and by providing classes and workshops that support the development of mindful practices.
The Executive Director (ED) reports directly to the Center’s Board of Directors. The ED has overall operational responsibility for the Center for Mindful Living’s execution of its mission and the ongoing strategic plan the Board develops. The successful candidate will continue to envision the potential of the Center and deepen the impact of mindfulness in core areas including medicine, business, education and personal. With the assistance of the Director of Operations, she or he will plan, direct and manage the programs and processes of the Center.
All candidates should have proven leadership experience and the ability to engage meaningfully with donors and supporters.
Specific requirements/qualities include:
- Advanced degree desirable and/or comparable work experience.
- Self-directed with a track record of effectively leading an outcomes-based organization and staff.
- Commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Previous demonstrated success in fundraising and resource development, with the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and diverse communities.
- Knowledge of accounting, financial management and budgeting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator.
- Demonstrated knowledge of non-profit board structure.
- Experience with mindfulness practices considered a bonus but not required.
Hours are adjustable with minimum commitment of 30 hours per week. Salary competitive with comparable non-profits in the Chattanooga area. Employment is subject to a background check. The Center for Mindful Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two references with contact information by Friday, March 1, 2019 to: [email protected]