These days there’s so much fear in the air, you can almost taste it—along with all the varieties of anxiety, anger, and addiction that grow out of it. How can you navigate your way through the fear and confusion, and find your way to peace?
In this workshop, acclaimed teacher and award-winning author Dean Sluyter will show you how to use simple meditative techniques and subtle tweaks of body, mind, and breath to open your life to deep, relaxed confidence. Drawing on both traditional enlightenment teachings and contemporary research, he’ll lay out practical steps for—
• letting go of compulsive overthinking,
• easing anxiety-induced insomnia,
• loosening the bonds of addiction (including smartphone addiction),
• overcoming the fear of death,
• finding your fearless voice,
• finding meditative stillness in the thick of activity,
• reconnecting to life’s underlying wholeness—the ultimate cure for fear.
“Om meets Wheeeeeee! Sluyter careens merrily from the Buddha to Willie Nelson, from prison stories to The Wizard of Oz, but it all leads us—step by practical, loving step—toward a life of peace. Who knew that learning how not to be freaked out could be so much fun?”
—Michael Kane, author of Heal Your Broken Heart
Dean Sluyter (pronounced “slighter”) has taught meditation for over 40 years, from corporate headquarters to maximum security prisons. He is the author of five books, including Fear Less and Natural Meditation, winner of the Nautilus Gold Award for the year’s best book on mind-body-spirit practices. He has appeared frequently in national media such as The New York Times, NPR, the Dr. Oz Show, and O, the Oprah Magazine.